Google has 10 basic concepts that are at the core of everything they do. These are things from which anyone doing business online can learn.
Do you follow these? If not, why not?
- Focus on the user and all else will follow
- It’s best to do one thing really, really well
- Fast is better than slow
- Democracy on the web works
- You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer
- You can make money without doing evil
- There’s always more information out there
- The need for information crosses all borders
- You can be serious without a suit
- Great just isn’t good enough
See Google’s philosophy here: http://www.google.com/about/company/philosophy/